Policies (the stuff we have to say)
We're not big fans of rules - or having the first thing you see be all of the things you can't do. So, before we get to those, here are a few we think matter a lot:
- Before you leave for vacation... Count-down. Daydream. Design a wonderful time.
- Leave the hurry and the worry behind.
- When you arrive, make yourself at home.
- Discover the Art of Staying.
- Take off your shoes and get some sand between your toes. Don't worry, we'll sweep it up if it comes inside with you.
- Do something you've never done.
- Enjoy the collection of wonderful folks from around the planet who landed here with you.
- Prepare for a vacation-induced, life-changing revelation.
And, now... for the rest of the stuff we have to say.
Deposits & Payment
- Advance reservations require a 50% deposit.
- Single night reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Reservations made within five calendar days of an intended stay require a 100% deposit.
- Special event bookings, weddings and reservation of the entire house will be charged a 50% deposit and are subject to a 90-day cancellation policy.
- The balance of your reservation is due upon arrival by cash or credit. All deposits and payments are due in U.S. Funds only.
- We do not accept personal checks for payment.
- You will receive written confirmation and a receipt for all booked reservations.
- Rates are based on double occupancy.
- Room rates do not include local taxes (11.7%). Packages and leisure add-ons are subject to state and local taxes. Taxes will be calculated upon completing your reservation booking.
- Reservations paid for with Gift Certificates, Charitable Donation Certificates or Coupons must be booked by phone and are subject to the standard cancellation policy. Gift certificates are good toward a stay in any room on any night, subject to availability and minimum night restrictions. Gift Certificates are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
Travel plans can sometimes be disrupted by the unforeseen. We recommend that you consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance if you are in doubt about your plans or simply want general reassurance for the unexpected.
Reservations cancelled more than 21 days of the arrival date will be refunded in full minus a 15% service charge.
Reservations cancelled within 21 days of the arrival date, regardless of reason, will result in a forfeiture of the total deposit amount. There are no exceptions whether due to medical or family emergencies, inclement weather, missed or cancelled flights, ferry reservations, etc.
There are no refunds of deposits for No-Show’s, Early Departures or cancellations within 48 hours. The reservation is the full responsibility of the guest and payment in full for the entire stay will be required.
Arrivals & Departures
Check-in time is 2 PM - 6 PM. Please contact us to make arrangements for arrivals after 6 PM. If your travels bring you to us early, we offer a Luggage Drop-off and there is a bike rack where you may stow your bikes.
- Check-out time for Guests (including cars) is 11 AM.
- We use the three hours between 11 AM check-out and 2 PM to prepare for our next Guests. Please understand that we cannot accommodate requests for a late check-out or early check-in.
We love children. We even have them. However, at Roux, the minimum check-in age is 16. If you book the entire house for an event, the minimum age is waived; however, we do not have cribs available. Minors do need to be supervised.
If we could love your pets, we would. Regretfully, we do not allow them – with the exception of guide dogs, who are always welcome. The Provincetown Pet Resort (www.provincetownpetresort.com) is centrally located at 79 Shank Painter Road across from the Stop and Shop Supermarket. You can easily drop off and pick up your furry friends without going out of your way! There are three Roux cats – Sophie, Vinny and Epstein – who hang out discreetly in the owners’ loft.
Our private parking area can easily accommodate one small to mid-size car per Guest. Big cars – not so easy. If you sport a larger ride, we cannot guarantee you a spot, but will provide you with additional off-site parking information.
We are a Smoke Free B&B. Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the Inn. We could do the designated smoking area thing, but we believe it's unnecessary if smokers remember to use the cigarette butt containers provided and promise to never ever ever smoke near other Guests! Don't make us get the hose! Candles and incense burning are also not allowed in guest rooms. A minimum of $250 for clean-up and/or repair will be charged. The final charge will include actual costs plus any lost income.
Guests are solely responsible for any and all personal belongings at all times during their stay. We assume no responsibility for theft or damage to your personal property or vehicle.